Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Don't feed the bears and don't drink the Stupid Kool-aid

I'm really trying to understand how people can believe it is even remotely appropriate to vote for someone like Obama "because he's not McCain." That is a direct response I got from a guy I spoke with about 20 minutes ago. While I backed off my "tone" after my initial response, it likely set the tone for the short dialog. I told him that "because" was not an answer. That's like saying "because" to your parents when they asked you why you did something wrong as a kid. "Because" wasn't an acceptable answer then and it is an irresponsible answer now as a voting adult.

The problem with that mindset is that it shows not much (if any) knowledge about either campaign's beliefs. When I asked what was so great about B. Hussein Obama, he merely touched on the cliche talking points that O puts in his YouTube videos.

He also said that Republicans are only all about the "almighty dollar". When I proceeded to ask him if he had a job, he said yes...but cut off the conversation when I asked if it was a big or small company that he worked for. THAT type of response shows just how much "Obama Kool Aid" some people have consumed.

If you happen to be an undecided voter and you're honestly looking for someone to share some bullet points on why McCain/Palin is better for America, email me and I'll email you a one-page list of why. If those reasons are not compelling enough...then you're a glutton for punishment if O wins. You know not what you're voting for.

Am I biased to McCain/Palin? Absolutely. I also know exactly why and how his Presidency will affect me, my family and my work. I also know how dangerous the alternative is.

No comments: